Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Here are our Christmas Opening Hours…
Revive Chiropractic will be closed Saturday 24th December 2016 to Tuesday 3rd January 2017.
Reception Still Open 28th/29th/30th & 31st December
Reception will be operating as usual for most of the Christmas period. So you can call to make or change any apppointments. It is ony the bank holidays 25th to 27th December and 1st January that we can’t take any calls. But you can still call and leave a message and somebody will call you back.
Remember you can also book appointments online from the website https://www.revivechiropractic.co.uk
Seasons Greetings to all.
Back pain advice for the festive season
Previous blogs have covered this topic. Please see these posts for help and advice for dealing with back pain over the holiday period.
Christmas Survival Guide
More back pain advice
- Remember that for any sprain/strain of the back you usually want to apply heat to the area. For the first 72 hours you may want to alternate a heat pack and an ice pack over the area for 20 minutes at a time and continue with whichever offers most relief.
- You need to keep moving. If you sit and do nothing the back will just stiffen up and prolong any recovery. Gentle exercise pottering about is the best.
- Consider taking ibuprofen and paracetamol for up to 5 days to help with pain relief. If you are unsure if you are able to take these over the counter medications please check first with your GP or pharmacist.
- AVOID any heavy lifting as this could cause additional injury to the back.
- DON’T lounge about on the sofa. Sit up properly with a cushion or towel rolled into your low back to offer support.
- Remember that most back pain, no matter how painful it may initally be will settle within a relatively short periof of times. Usually it will resolve within six weeks.